Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Paper Topic




















The Laws to Live By


After a person, like myself, dives deeper into the Bible than they have ever gone before, the question, “what did you learn about the Bible that you did not know before?” becomes a lot harder to answer than simply, “what are you familiar with in the Bible?”. My answer to the latter question would have simply been, “not much.” Aspects that have always been of strong interest to me are the different rules and laws one must live by that are found in the Bible. Because the Bible was written so long ago, many of these “laws” could not possibly apply today, (unless they were being followed by a strong fundamentalist) however, the different laws continue to cause a lot of questions and arguments regarding issues that take place in current time. Due to the fact that the only “law” I have ever known from the Bible is “respect thy neighbor,” I am writing my paper on some of the many laws found in the Bible, good or bad, funny or serious, literal or figurative, for they are a small piece of the Bible that until this fall, I knew absolutely nothing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment